Barca target Dembele goes AWOL

Borussia Dortmund boss Peter Bosz has admitted he does not know where midfielder Ousmane Dembele has gone.

The French international attended Dortmund’s official team photo last week but missed the team’s training session on Thursday morning and Bosz has revealed that calls to the youngster have bounced back.

The 20-year-old has been strongly linked with a summer move to Barcelona, who have made a serious play since the departure of Brazilian Neymar to Paris Saint Germain last week.

Dembele is said to want to move to the Camp Nou, and Bosz believes his absence has something to do with the growing speculation.

“Dembele wasn’t at training today. I have no idea why he wasn’t there. We tried to reach him but couldn’t,” Bosz said.

“First I have to talk to Dembele, then he has to explain to me why he wasn’t here today. I hope nothing serious happened.”

Whilst various reports surface in media, it is understood that the youngster has landed in Paris and is waiting confirmation from Dortmund officials to fly to Barcelona and complete a summer move.

Dotmund have previously told media that Dembele is not for sale, although various sources have claimed he would not be allowed to leave for less than £135m.

Dembele scored ten goals in 49 appearances last season after arriving at the Bundesliga club from Rennes.

Source: La Liga News