Salah signs Liverpool five-year deal!

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has signed a new five-year contract with the club.

The 26-year-old Egypt international joined the Reds for £34m from Roma last summer and has scored 44 goals in 52 appearances for the club.

His new deal, which runs until 2023, does not contain a release clause.

"It demonstrates two things very clearly - his belief in Liverpool and our belief in him," said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

Salah was the top scorer in the Premier League last season as he netted 32 top-flight goals - the most by a player in a 38-game season - to win the Golden Boot.

His performances also helped him win last season's Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award and Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year.

'When someone like Mo commits it speaks loudly'

"I think this news can be seen for what it is; rewarding a person who performed and contributed greatly for the team and the club last season," said Klopp.

"We want world-class talent to see they have a home at Anfield where they can fulfil all their professional dreams and ambitions - we are working hard together to achieve this.

"When someone like Mo Salah commits and says this place is my home now, it speaks very loudly I think.

"Equally, our commitment to him says we see his value and want him to grow even more and get even better within our environment."

Liverpool finished fourth in the league last season and reached the Champions League final, in which they were beaten 3-1 by Real Madrid.

Salah had to come off after half an hour of the final against the Spanish side after suffering a shoulder injury following a challenge from centre-back Sergio Ramos.

The problem put his participation at the 2018 World Cup in doubt and he missed Egypt's opening game - a 1-0 defeat by Uruguay - before starting against Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Salah scored in both of those games but could not stop his country from losing and going out in the group stages.

Source: BBC NEWS

Bournemouth sign Wales midfielder Brooks

Bournemouth have signed midfielder David Brooks from Sheffield United for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old Wales international, who has agreed a four-year contract, scored three goals in 30 league appearances for the Championship side.

The Bournemouth Echo reported the Cherries will pay a fee of £10m, potentially rising to £11.5m.

"We've seen enough to suggest he could be outstanding at this level," said Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe.

"He is technically very good, has huge potential and will fit our philosophy in terms of how we want to play."

Brooks represented England at under-20 level but switched allegiances to Wales - the country of his mother's birth - and won the first of his three senior caps in a friendly fixture against France last November.

Source: BBC NEWS

West Ham sign goalkeeper Fabianski from Swansea

West Ham made their second signing in as many days with a £7m deal for Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski.

The Poland international, 33, moves to London Stadium on a three-year contract, just a day after the Hammers signed defender Issa Diop for £22m.

Fabianski, who moved to Wales from Arsenal in 2014, told Swansea he wanted to leave the Liberty Stadium after their relegation to the Championship.

"I'm really happy to be joining at such an exciting time here," he said.

"I will do my best on and off the pitch to help the team to achieve the best results possible and can't wait to start this new chapter of my career."

Fabianski, who was Swansea's Player of the Year last season, is in Russia for the World Cup but did not feature in Poland's 2-1 defeat by Senegal on Tuesday.

The Swans last week turned down a bid from West Ham for him.

The Hammers had been searching for a replacement for Joe Hart following the end of his loan spell from Premier League champions Manchester City.

"Lukasz is an experienced and established Premier League goalkeeper, with great quality that he has shown at both domestic and international level," said West Ham director of football Mario Husillos.

"He fits perfectly the mould of the modern goalkeeper, with excellent agility, presence and distribution, and will bring strong competition to the position."

Source: BBC NEWS

'I was left with little choice' - Wilshere confirms Arsenal exit

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere says he will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of June.

The 26-year-old England international made his Gunners debut in 2008 and has made 197 first-team appearances.

However, his future at Emirates Stadium was in doubt following the arrival of new manager Unai Emery.

"I felt that I was ultimately left with little choice but to make the decision that I have due to purely footballing reasons," he wrote on Instagram.

"Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club.

"My intention throughout these discussions has always been to remain an Arsenal player. I have been on the books at Arsenal for 17 years and have always felt part of the fabric of the club.

"Following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay.

"I am sure everyone can understand that at this point in my life and career I need to be playing first-team football and following my meeting with Mr Emery I came away feeling that it would be very difficult for me to do so at Arsenal.

"Given this, I feel I have no option but to pursue other opportunities in order to progress my career on the pitch."

Wilshere signed a five-and-a-half-year deal in 2012, and had been in talks "for a number of months" about a new contract.

He was part of the 2014 and 2015 FA Cup-winning sides and helped the Gunners beat Manchester City 3-0 in the 2014 Community Shield at Wembley.

In March, then Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, who left at the end of the season, said Wilshere was offered a new deal earlier in the year, understood at the time to be worth less than his expiring deal, but heavily incentivised because of his injury record.

After spending the 2016-17 campaign on loan at fellow Premier League side Bournemouth, he returned to Arsenal and made 38 appearances last season, but did not make Gareth Southgate's England World Cup squad.

Source: BBC NEWS

Norwich accept £20m Leicester bid for Maddison

Leicester have had a bid of about £20m for Norwich attacking midfielder James Maddison accepted.

The 21-year-old, who scored 15 goals in 49 games last season, is likely to have a medical at some point this week.

It is understood there have been detailed discussions between the two clubs about the structure of a deal for the former Coventry player.

His future has been the subject of intense debate since the Championship season ended last month.

Leicester have been active in the transfer market already this summer - signing Northern Ireland defender Jonny Evans and Portugal right-back Ricardo Pereira.

Source: BBC NEWS

Barcelona's Deulofeu completes Watford move

Watford have confirmed the signing of winger Gerard Deulofeu on a five-year deal from Barcelona.

The Spanish champions say they have agreed a fee of £11.5m for the 24-year-old, plus £3.5m in add-ons.

Deulofeu, who has won four caps for Spain, spent the second half of last season on loan at Watford, scoring once in seven Premier League appearances.

The ex-Barcelona youth player has previously had two spells in the Premier League with Everton.

He spent the 2013-14 campaign on loan at Goodison Park and returned on a permanent basis in 2015 after an unsuccessful spell at Sevilla.

Following 18 months with the Toffees, Deulofeu finished the 2016-17 season on loan with AC Milan, then went back to Barcelona last summer when the Catalans activated a buy-back clause.

The deal with Barcelona also includes a sell-on clause, according to the Spanish club.

"We are very pleased to welcome Gerard back," said Watford chairman Scott Duxbury. "Our ambition to succeed and grow in the Premier League remains as strong as ever."

Deulofeu's most recent international appearance came in Spain's World Cup qualifier against Liechtenstein in September.

Source: BBC NEWS

Atkinson determined to ensure one British Ref in Russia

Martin Atkinson will ensure there is at least one British referee at the World Cup - although he is having to cycle 1,700 miles to be there.

The Premier League referee is part of the Whistle Stop Tour group who are riding from England's training base at St George's Park in Staffordshire to Kaliningrad - the venue for England's final group game against Belgium on 28 June - in aid of four charities.

Fellow referee Jon Moss will also take part in the 18-day trip to Russia, which will pass through France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and Poland.

At the time of departure, the group had already raised almost £52,000 of their £60,000 target to be split between St David's Hospice Care, the Yorkshire Young Achievers Foundation, the Jane Tomlinson Appeal and the University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire Charity.

"It's going to be a huge challenge, but it's one I think we're all relishing," said Atkinson. "In 2016 we cycled to all 20 Premier League grounds, which totalled around 1,000 miles, so we're really upping the ante for this one.

"We've been saying it'll be 18 days of hurt, but it's all for some brilliant charities, so we're ready to go through that pain barrier!"

There will be no British referee at the tournament for the first time since 1938, although New Zealand citizen Simon Lount, who lived in Leicester until he was 23, has been selected.

Mark Clattenburg was the only Briton on Fifa's long list of officials in 2016, but he forfeited his place after leaving his job with the Premier League for a new role in Saudi Arabia.

Clattenburg refereed the finals of the 2012 Olympics, the 2015-16 Champions League and Euro 2016, while retired compatriot Howard Webb took charge of the 2010 World Cup final.

"When you look at the last eight years, what we have achieved as a group of match officials is untouchable," added Atkinson, who refereed the 2015 Europa League final. "We have all contributed.

"Unfortunately, circumstances change and we haven't got anyone there now. That's not due to the ability of the referees at all."

Source: BBC NEWS

Fred set for Old Trafford medical!

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred is expected to finalise his move to Manchester United early this week.

The Brazilian came on as a second-half substitute in his side's 2-0 win against Croatia at Anfield on Sunday.

It is now anticipated 25-year-old Fred will have a medical at United before completing his switch to Old Trafford for a reported £52m.

Brazil coach Tite says he wants his players' domestic futures sorted ahead of this month's World Cup in Russia.

"When this happens, and it is inevitable, they are going to come to us and our advice to them is resolve this as soon as you can so your head is back with us and focusing on the national team," he said after Sunday's friendly.

"If I was a manager I'd ask to sign him as well."

Provided the deal goes through as anticipated, Fred would be United boss Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer, although he is also closing in on the transfer of 19-year-old Porto full-back Diogo Dalot.

Fred joined Shakhtar in 2013 and was part of the Brazil squad for the 2015 Copa America.

Fred scored 10 goals in 53 appearance for Shakhtar after signing for the Ukrainian side in 2013

Source: BBC NEWS

Leganes appoint ex-Southampton boss Pellegrino

Mauricio Pellegrino has been appointed as manager of Spanish side Leganes, three months after being sacked by Southampton.

The Argentine, 46, left Saints in March and was replaced by Mark Hughes, who led them to safety.

They won only five of 30 Premier League games during Pellegrino's nine-month spell in charge.

Pellegrino has signed a one-year contract with Leganes, who finished 17th in the table last season.

The Madrid-based club is Pellegrino's third in Spain, after Alaves and Valencia.

Mauricio Pellegrino lasted only nine months at Southampton

Source: BBC NEWS

Liverpool and Roma charged by UEFA

Liverpool and Roma have been charged by Uefa following crowd disturbances at the sides' Champions League semi-final first leg at Anfield last month.

Liverpool have also been charged with setting off fireworks and throwing objects.

The Reds won the first leg 5-2 but the match was marred by violence before kick-off with nine men arrested.

Two Italian men were charged on 26 April after Liverpool fan Sean Cox was left seriously injured.

The case will be dealt with by the Uefa control, ethics and disciplinary body on 31 May.

This month, both sides were also charged for setting off fireworks at the second leg, while Roma were charged for insufficient organisation, blocked stairways and the improper conduct of owner James Pallotta.

Liverpool were already facing charges after Manchester City's team bus was attacked during the Champions League quarter-final first leg.

That matter will also be heard on 31 May.

Source: BBC NEWS