Everton Will Not Let Dortmund Target Leave

Everton manager Marco Silva is adamant that he wants teenage prospect Anthony Gordon to stay at the club this season, following rumours that a number of clubs across Europe were weighing up a bid in January.

It is understood that Arsenal have been scouting the 17-year-old midfielder, while Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund want to continue the current trend of bringing young English players to Germany.

However, Silva will advise against any transfer similar to that which saw Ademola Lookman move to the Bundesliga, claiming that Everton have to be able to hold onto their most promising young players.

"He's a really young player, he's a talent and he's a player we want to keep of course," Silva said, quoted by the Liverpool Echo. "It's our goal to keep our best players and not just the players from our first team but the young talents in our club too. It's our goal if we want to grow and we want to achieve something important.

"We have to keep our best players and our young players are improving and showing they want something more at the club. We have to support them and work with them improve them to prepare them to play in our first team."

Gordon has been a regular part of Everton's Under-18 side this season, and he already has five appearances with the Under-23 side this term.

 

 

Last year, Gordon made his debut for the senior side as a second-half substitute during their Europa League group stage victory over Cypriot outfit Apollon Limassol.

Source: 90min.com

Bayern Midfielder Will See Out His Contract.

Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcântara is adamant that he will see out the remainder of his contract in Bavaria, following rumours of a potential move back to Barcelona.

The Spain international's future was uncertain over the summer as Bayern Munich transitioned into life under new manager Niko Kovač, and Thiago's brother Rafinha even admitted that he wanted the midfielder to return to the Camp Nou.

However, the 27-year-old has insisted that he has no plans to leave the Allianz Arena, adding that he doesn't want to unsettle his family who are accustomed to life in south-east Germany.

"In sport and in life, it’s not just about titles," Thiago told 11Freunde (via Bundesliga.com). "When I sign a contract, I think within the terms of the deal. In football, everything happens so fast.

 

 

"But it became obvious early on that everything fits in Munich and my family likes it. And now I have a contract until 2021. I never thought I’d stay at Bayern so long. To me, it’s very important to see out a contract."

Thiago is currently sidelined through injury but at this stage, it looks likely that the midfielder will be able to add to his nine Bundesliga appearances before the Winterpause.

Bayern Munich's last game of the first half of the season is against manager Kovač's former side Eintracht Frankfurt on December 22.

 

VfL Wolfsburg v FC Bayern Muenchen - Bundesliga

 

French midfielder Corentin Tolisso won't return until 2019, but fellow absentees James Rodriguez, Kingsley Coman and Arjen Robben are all expected to return to full fitness over the next few weeks.

Source: 90min.com

Dortmund Make Alcacer Move Permanent

​Borussia Dortmund have completed the signing of Paco Alcacer from Barcelona on a permanent deal following a successful loan spell at Signal Iduna Park.

Dortmund signed Alcacer on loan from the Spanish champions during the summer, with an option to make the move permanent for a fixed fee.


After Alcacer scored eight goals in six Bundesliga appearances, it was an easy decision to activate that option, with the 25-year-old signing a contract until 2023.

"Paco is wholeheartedly with us, he has quickly integrated and has become an integral part of our squad," Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc told the club's ​official website.

"He is a real goalscorer of high footballing quality, and has already played a decisive part in some important games for us. We look forward to many more goals and assists from Paco in the coming years."

Alcacer expressed his delight at having made the next step in his career.

"I am very happy in Dortmund, at BVB and in this wonderful team," he said. "Borussia Dortmund was and is exactly the right decision for me. I will do everything I can to say thank you for your trust."

Alcacer's eight Bundesliga goals have come in just 235 minutes of action, meaning that he has scored at an average of one goal every 29 minutes.

His form has also earned him a recall to the Spain squad for his first international action since 2016. His excellent form continued with two goals in a friendly against Wales and one against England in the Nations League.

Source: 90min.com

Inter Re-Ignite Interest in Luka Modric

​Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric could find himself the subject of serious interest from Inter again at the end of the season as it is rumoured that Los Blancos are not interested in renewing the Croatian's contract beyond its current expiration in 2020.

Inter made a big move for Modric during the summer after his World Cup exploits saw Croatia reach the final and him awarded the Golden Ball as the tournament's best player. Real blocked the transfer on that occasion, but new developments could make it more likely in 2019.

A report from CalcioMercato claims that Real are not looking to extend Modric's current contract which has a little over 18 months left to run. It is said to be part of the ongoing efforts in the Spanish capital to replace superstar names with developing younger talents.

The 33-year-old, who will celebrate his 34th birthday early next season, is said to be currently earning a net annual salary of €8m and Real apparently are not keen to offer him fresh terms at the rate of pay allegedly being requested by his agent.

CalcioMercato states that Modric wants to sign a 'super contract', and a such a deal is seemingly what Inter offered him four months ago - a deal worth €40m over four years and a further option to retire at Jiangsu Suning in the Chinese Super League if it wasn't renewed.

Whether Inter will return with an offer at the end of the season remains to be seen. Real would also have to be willing to sell rather than keep hold of the midfield star until the end of his deal in Spain, therefore letting him leave as a free agent at the age of almost 35 in 2020.

Source: 90Min.com

Juventus Keen on Wolves Ruben Neves

Juventus are apparently interested in bringing Wolverhampton Wanderers midfield Ruben Neves to Turin, following a meeting between Sporting Director Fabio Paratici, Club President Andrea Agnelli and super agent Jorge Mendes.

Mendes represents Neves, who joined the English side for around €18m in July 2017 and lead the team's promotion to the Premier League, as well as current Juve players Joao Cancelo and Cristiano Ronaldo.

According to ​Tuttosport, while the meeting served principally as a catch up between the trio, and is not an irregular occurrence, it is understood the idea of Ruben Neves switching Wolverhampton for ​Turin was discussed.

The Portuguese midfielder, who was most recently in action for his country as they sealed their progression to the UEFA Nations League Finals with a 0-0 draw against Italy in Milan, has been integral to Wolves' impressive start to life in the Premier League.

The 21-year-old has played every single minute of the Wanderers' league campaign so far, providing two goals and an assist.

Alongside the discussions about Neves, the prosperity of ​Ronaldo's move to I Bianconeri was also brought up in the meeting, which was also incidentally held in Milan. And Mendes is understood to have outlined his five-time Ballon d'Or winning client's satisfaction with his switch from ​Real Madrid to Juve.

As for Neves, the 36-time Serie A champions are thought to be keen to secure his services this January if possible, though ​Wolves fans can be comforted by the bumper five-year contract that their player signed this summer.

Source: 90Min.com

Barcelona to Give Dortmund Huge Payout if They Sell Dembele

La Liga giants Barcelona will be forced to pay Borussia Dortmund an additional £26m if they decide to cash in on their out-of-favour winger Ousmane Dembélé.

The France international swapped Signal Iduna Park for the Camp Nou last year in a £96m transfer, with a further £35m in potential add-ons.

Barcelona have already paid £9m of the add-ons for Dembélé, but German outlet Die Welt (via the Mirror) claim that they will be made to pay the remaining £26m if the 21-year-old is sold in the near future.

Dembélé has a contract in Catalonia until 2022, so any sale would see Barcelona increase their already high asking price to accommodate whatever they still have left to pay Borussia Dortmund.

Barça's reasoning behind considering letting one of their most expensive ever signings - second only to Philippe Coutinho - leave is largely ​down to the player's attitude, something which often landed himself in hot water with Dortmund's hierarchy too.

 

 

There have also been claims that, as well as problems with punctuality and even rumours of a possible video game addiction, Dembélé still hasn't integrated himself into the squad and has so far failed to fall into any specific friendship group at the club, despite Barcelona's high number of French players.

If Barcelona do decide to sell then they will not be short of suitors, although many clubs across Europe will be put off by Dembélé's expected asking price which will likely break the £100m barrier once again.

 

 

Both Arsenal and Liverpool have been heavily linked with a move for the World Cup-winning forward, but Jürgen Klopp's side could have the inside track due to his personal relationship with Dembélé.

The youngster was renting a property from Klopp during his time at Borussia Dortmund, although things didn't end on good terms when Dembélé moved to Barcelona as he left the property trashed while he was forcing through the transfer.

Arsenal do, however, have a fighting chance when it comes to convincing Dembélé of a move thanks to their contingent of his former teammates, most notably including ​Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Source: 90min.com

Bayern Legend Oliver Kahn Favourite to Become Club President!

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness is keen to step down from the position in the near future, with legendary goalkeeper Oliver Kahn lined up as his replacement.

Kahn, now 49 years old, spent the majority of his playing career with Bayern, making 632 appearances during his 14 years with the club. He is widely regarded as one of the finest goalkeepers of his generation and won the IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper award on three separate occasions.

News of Kahn's potential future role comes from German outlet ​Bild, who state that Hoeness has until the end of November to decide whether he will be running in the club's next presidential election.

However, he is unlikely to do so, with Hoeness reportedly prepared to step down as soon as a potential successor is identified. He is quoted by Bild as saying: "If I knew who could do that, I would stop next year."

Kahn and Hoeness are known to be close friends, with the former goalkeeper often meeting Hoeness for confidential meetings about the club. Those involved with the club are said to have complete faith in Kahn, should he assume the role of club president.

 

Oliver Kahn

 

Lothar Matthaus, another ​Bayern legend, has also tipped Kahn to take charge of the club in the future, but instead as the chairman of the club, with current chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge becoming the new president.

In an interview with ​Onefootball, “Oliver Kahn should take over the office of chairman of the board from Rummenigge. He’s a face of FC Bayern, he has Bayern-DNA in him.

“Oliver is an outstanding expert in soccer. He was always ambitious, always educated himself further, including in economic matters.

 

Oliver KAHN

 

“I trust him to lead FC Bayern into the future.”

Kahn enjoyed an outstanding playing career with Bayern. After joining from Karlsruher in 1994, Kahn went on to capture eight ​Bundesliga titles and also won the Champions League in 2001.

He was also a key figure for Germany during his career. Kahn earned 86 caps for his country after making his debut in 1995, and he helped Germany to glory at Euro 1996.

Source: 90min.com

Man United Still in Hunt for Napoli Star as Report Dismisses Talk of €90m Bid

​After reports earlier this week claimed Manchester United had already seen a €90m bid for Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly rejected, it has now been revealed that this was a mistranslation, while the rest of Europe's elite remain in the hunt for the defender.

According to ​Sport Witness, using Sunday's reports from La Repubblica, the misunderstanding centred around the use of 'maxi offer', which some publications thought signified the use of a club's maximum offer, when it actually just means a 'huge bid'.

Thus, the report actually explained: "​United would be willing to put on the plate a €90m maxi offer, but Naples will send it back to the sender."

It also revealed that the Red Devils, as well as other English clubs, had also been rebuffed in their advances for the Napoli defender during last summer's transfer window.

While the ​Partenopei have repeatedly stated that the 27-year-old Senegalese international is not for sale, that report claimed his transfer value is over €100m - a figure north of the record outlay for a defender set by Liverpool's £75m signing of Virgil van Dijk.

And fellow Italian publication Corriero Dello Sport have also cited the figure needed to pry Koulibaly away from Southern Italy as €100m+.

 

 

They have gone one step further though, and proclaimed that, while Jose Mourinho's side retain interest in the centre back, they will face considerable competition from ​Manchester City, ​Bayern Munich, ​Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and ​Real Madrid.

Koulibaly, who was born in France and came up throught the ranks at local side SR Saint-Die and later FC Metz, joined the Serie A side from KRC Genk in 2014 for a €7.75m fee. He has gone on to make 180 appearances for Gli Azzurri, picking up eight goals and six assists.

Source: 90Min.com

AC Milan Amid Speculation Over Zlatan Deal

​AC Milan have met with super-agent Mino Raiola, with the potential signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic thought to be high on the agenda as Milan look to recruit in January.

Milan are in the midst of an injury crisis. Ivan Strnic, Halkan Calhanoglu and Alessio Romagnoli have all picked up knocks in recent days, taking the injury count to seven, and according to ​Milan News, the club have turned to Raiola to discuss potential solutions.

The meeting, reported to have lasted four hours, is thought to have centred around ​Ibrahimovic, who Raiola counts among an extensive list of high-profile clients, as ​Milan are keen to secure his return to the club for whom he scored 56 goals in 85 games between 2010-12.

Ibrahimovic, 37, currently plays for LA Galaxy in MLS, and has scored 22 goals in 27 appearances since joining from ​Manchester United - recently winning the league's Goal of the Year and Newcomer of the Year awards.

Another topic on the agenda is expected to have been the injury to Giacomo Bonaventura, who is also a Raiola client, and isn't expected to return until well into 2019.

While the other 'market solutions' reportedly discussed haven't been named, the report claims that Raiola has become an ally to the club in their current 'emergency' situation, so it would come as no surprise to see a few of the agent's clients arrive at the San Siro in January.

Among the more high profile of his clients are Manchester United pair ​Romelu Lukaku and ​Paul Pogba, as well as PSG's Marco Verratti and Arsenal's Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Source: 90Min.com

Christian Pulisic 'Set for January Chelsea Move'

​Chelsea are leading the race to sign Borussia Dortmunder's representatives and his club stalled.

Despite impressing in Germany since his arrival in 2016, Pulisic has been outshone by Jadon Sancho so far this season, and has only registered one goal and two assists in seven Bundesliga appearances.

The Mail report that, despite being at the club since the age of 16, Pulisic is refusing to enter into any further contract talks with Dortmund and the club – feeling that their hand is being forced – are said to be preparing to cash in on the youngster, who has been linked with a move to Liverpool for many

With Chelsea facing a future that may not contain Eden Hazard – but may include a lengthy transfer ban from FIFA – the Mail report claims that the Blues are looking to push a move for the USMNT star through as soon as this January.

While no figure has yet been revealed, Pulisic has been valued around £70m in the not too distant past – although Dortmund may be forced to be flexible on that figure to avoid losing a valuable asset for free in 18 months.

 

Chelsea FC v Everton FC - Premier League

 

Pulisic has previously spoken of his wish to play in the Premier League, saying before his USA side played England on Thursday: “England, the Premier League, is a league where lots of kids dream of playing so there is no reason why maybe one day I won’t play here.

"As you can see, we are having a great year at Dortmund and I am enjoying every moment of that. Then when the time comes for me to talk in the breaks about my future, then that’s when those things happen. Like I said before, reading these articles [about me], I tend to stay away from that stuff. I know it is going to be there but it is not my priority.”

Source: 90min.com