Good evening all,

 

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry has been charged by the FA for using abusive and/or insulting words towards a match official after the Manchester Derby on Sunday. He has until 4pm on Thursday to appeal the decision or he will be hit with a one match ban but if he appeals and loses the ban would be increased to two games.

 

Twitter hit the headlines again today as a 15-year-old boy has been arrested for a racist comment sent to Rio Ferdinand on the social networking site during the derby match.

 

The Football Supporters’ Federation is trying to re-introduce standing into football grounds across the country. Following the Hillsborough disaster 23 years ago terraces were banished from top level football grounds but a FSF spokesman has said that it is now safe to re-introduce standing areas as crowd management has improved dramatically since the introduction of all-seater stadiums.

 

Scott Parker is set to return from the injury against Swansea on Sunday. The Tottenham Hotspur midfielder has been out for the season so far and now faces an uphill battle to fight his way into Andre Villas Boas’ first team plans.

 

Chelsea midfielder Oriol Remeu has been ruled out for the season with a ruptured cruciate ligament suffered in Saturday’s win at Sunderland. The Blues are said to be making signing a replacement their main priority in January with Sampdoria’s Pedro Obiang apparently high on the list.

 

Some might find it hard to believe that Michael Owen is still a player but he has confirmed he is fit for selection against Everton on Saturday. The striker hasn’t featured for Stoke since the end of October but managed 70 minutes in a behind closed door against Preston today and has declared himself ready for the first team again.

 

Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes has called for video evidence to be introduced after title rivals Borussia Dortmund were on the receiving end of several poor refereeing decisions in Saturday’s 3-2 loss to Wolfsburg.

 

Swansea forward Michu has said he will not be leaving the club in January saying he is very happy with the current squad at the Liberty Stadium. He has also said his team are aiming for the final of the Capital One Cup and said there is no reason they can’t make it.

 

Despite interest from Liverpool and Arsenal, Stoke City keeper insists he is focussed solely on his current club and said he isn’t looking to move in the transfer window.

 

Sunderland are said to be interested in signing Manchester City ace John Guidetti in January. The player has yet to make an appearance for City this season and is expected to leave either in January or at the end of the current league campaign.