Chelsea sign Kylian Hazard

Eden Hazard's younger brother Kylian has joined Chelsea from Hungarian club Ujpest.

Kylian, an attacking midfielder, will be added to the Premier league champions' development squad and could make his debut in their fixture against Sunderland on Saturday week.

The 22-year-old began his professional career in his native Belgium, where he played for White Star Brussels and Zulte-Waregem.

He moved to the OTP Bank Liga in 2015 and made 42 appearances for Ujpest.

Kylian is the third Hazard brother to join Chelsea after Thorgan - the middle of the three - spent 2012 to 2015 at Stamford Bridge, although for virtually all of that time he was loaned out.

Source: PA


Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.Source: Football.co.uk

Eden Hazard bust-up: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte furious at Belgium selection

The playmaker fractured his right ankle in June while with them on international duty and had not played a competitive game since when news of his selection emerged.

Belgium face Gibraltar and Greece in a World Cup qualifier double-header but Hazard’s inclusion after a single game behind closed doors has not gone down well at Stamford Bridge.

“I knew the news just 20 minutes ago,” said Antonio Conte. “For sure, I’m a bit surprised about this decision.

“Eden Hazard is an important player for us. If someone thinks they can accelerate the process... I think it’s not the right way.

“It’s a great mistake. At this moment, we must pay great attention towards not making mistakes.”

Conte revealed that Martinez had not spoken to him before announcing his inclusion in the squad – a selection that even raised eyebrows in Belgium.

Certainly Conte’s mood suggested it was another unwelcome disruption to a difficult start to the season as he prepared for the visit of Everton.

The Chelsea manager had planned to use the international break to get Hazard back to full fitness within the club, starting with the Under-23s game against the Toffees at Aldershot.

“Hazard is improving and, in the afternoon today, he’s playing with the U23s against Everton,” said Conte said at his lunchtime press conference. “But he’s not fully fit.

“If Hazard is ready, why doesn’t he play with us? Why is he playing with the U23s to continue to try and improve his form?

“I see him every day, I see him every day and I repeat: in this situation, it’s very important to give the right time to players to recover very well.”

Source: Daily Express

Chelsea tell Barcelona they can secure Eden Hazard transfer for £109m

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Chelsea winger Eden Hazard in recent weeks.

Ernesto Valverde's side are still reeling from Neymar's decision to seal a £198million transfer to Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain.

But reports have claimed Hazard on their list of replacements, despite knowing the Belgium international would be a difficult player to sign.

Barcelona have been focusing on Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho yet, even if they seal that deal, are expected to splash more cash with the new La Liga season fast approaching.

And Spanish outlet Diario Gol claims Chelsea are open to letting Hazard move to the Nou Camp for £109m.

Such a deal would make him the second most-expensive player in history, only behind Neymar and ahead of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.

However, the report says that the Blues could lower their demands if Sergi Roberto is included as part of a deal.

Antonio Conte is supposedly an admirer of the 25-year-old, who performed admirably after Barcelona lost Dani Alves to Juventus last year.

Manchester United have also been linked with a move for Roberto, who can operate at right-back and in central midfield.

Hazard, meanwhile, is still working on his fitness.

The Belgian missed the Blues' 3-2 Premier League defeat to Burnley with an ankle injury.

And, speaking ahead of their clash with the Clarets, Chelsea boss Conte refused to put a timescale on his return.

"It’s difficult to give a time or a date. Difficult, difficult," he said.

Source: Daily Express

Eden Hazard to tell Barcelona - I'll replace Neymar!

Barcelona are keen to overhaul their attack after losing Neymar to Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain.

The Belgium international has been linked with a move to Catalonia ever since the Brazilian jumped ship, with Barcelona keen to sign a marquee name.

They are closing in on a deal for Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho but, with £200million in the bank, their summer spending does not seem done yet.

Talk has been rife that Borussia Dortmund winger Ousmane Dembele could arrive but reports in Spain are saying that Hazard plans to fill the void left by Neymar's departure.

And Spanish outlet Don Balon say Hazard plans to tell Barcelona he wants to leave Chelsea this summer.

It is said the Belgium international is aware that the chance to join Ernesto Valverde's side is a once in a lifetime opportunity and one too good to turn down.

Hazard supposedly wants the chance to prove himself in La Liga as he knows Neymar will take Ligue 1 by storm - meaning Barcelona need a world-class replacement.

Speaking back in May, the Belgium international admitted he was yet to open talks with Chelsea chiefs over a new and improved contract.

"At this moment, there’s nothing on the table," he said.

"We’re waiting for the end of the season.

"I’m still calm. We will talk. If not, then we’ll see."

Real Madrid have also been linked with a Hazard but their interest in Monaco star Kylian Mbappe means a move to the Bernabeu is unlikely to happen.

Source: Daily Express