Isco signs new Real Madrid deal with €700m release clause

Real Madrid have tied play-maker Isco down to a new deal which sees his release clause set at €700m.

The Spanish international has been in superb form since the back end of last season, helping Los Blancos to both La Liga and Champions League glory back in May.

His form, which has kept the likes of Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema out of the side at times – has gained interest from a number of top European clubs, including bitter rivals Barcelona, who were linked in Spanish press to a sensational summer swoop.

The former Malaga man has started the season in the same form as last, producing two superb displays for the Spanish national side in last week’s World Cup qualifiers too.

And, the 25-year-old has now signed a new and improved deal at the Bernabeu, adding five years on to his deal which is due to expire next summer.

In a statement on the club’s official website, Madrid said that Isco would hold a press conference on Friday to discuss the deal.

It is now reported that he will earn an annual salary of €6 million on his new contract, which reportedly has a €700m release clause also featured in a bid to stop the likes of Paris Saint Germain, who famously signed Neymar this summer.

Source: La Liga News

Real Madrid confirm Isco deal

Real Madrid have confirmed the signing of Malaga playmaker Isco.

Isco has been linked with a move away from Malaga for months, and the most likely destination would of been to follow his former manager Manuel Pellegrini to Manchester City.

But Isco is set for a medical next week ahead of completing a reported €27 million deal, which will keep him at the club for 5 years.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez told Radio Nacional:

"There is an agreement with the club and the player.

“Isco will be presented next week, just need to overcome the medical examination.”

Real Madrid close to Isco & Ancelotti

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has spoke out to say that the club are close to the signing of Malaga star Isco, and Paris Saint-Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Ancelotti, has been said to be the next replacement for Jose Mourinho, who a few weeks ago linked back up with former club Chelsea.

Perez also confirmed that the club are close to signing Isco, which would mean fighting off a potential bid from Manchester City. The 21 year old, featured for the recent u21 European Championship winners, Spain.

Perez, the Madrid president, told 20Minutos:

"Now nothing has been signed,"

"PSG could announce an agreement tomorrow which would allow him to join Madrid. We hope that everything turns out well. My coach is Ancelotti.

"The signing depends on Paris Saint-Germain reaching an agreement with Ancelotti and announce their new coach, [Laurent] Blanc.

He then spoke about Isco:

"He has a big chance to be a Real Madrid player because he wants to go to Madrid and Madrid want him too.

"Isco is one of Spain's best players and the coaching team believe he's good enough to play for Madrid. I know he's excited to come. It's the same with me.

"If all goes well, we can announce his signing soon. Always after annoucning the coach."

'Golden Boy' Isco not going anywhere fast

The British press released 'exclusive' reports today which stated Malaga starlet, and the next of kin in Spains generation of talented midfielders Isco, was heading to the European Champions Chelsea for a reported £14 million.

It was immediately denied, and refuted, by many Spanish journalists who laughed off reports the youngster, 20, could be leaving La Rosaleda Stadium for the capital in England.

Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez, or 'Isco' as he is known in the footballing world, has come to light in the past two years since his move to the place of his birth, Malaga. The attacking midfielder started his career with Valencia, and after scoring 15 goals in the sides B team, moved to the new sugar daddy owner Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani's Los Boquerones, after the club activated his £5.5 millin buyout clause.

'The Golden Boys' rise to prominece has been fast, and was announced as the best player in Europe under the age of 21 in 2012 ahead of AC Milan stiker Stephan El Shaarawy and Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.

The Spain u21 International, has a reported buyout clause of around £16 million under the terms of his current contract, which is higher than the fee reported by British tabliods this weekend.

Malaga, who have been in financial trouble over the past year, have secured their short term future in the past few days with news of an agreement with the Spanish Tax Authorities to pay back their remaining debts, which equal to around £4.5 million by March this year.

Due to this, the club are in no rush to sell another one of their prize assets who has contributed to a host of goals and assists for the club over the past two seasons.

The likes of Santi Cazorla made the move to The Premier League from Spain, and has been a revelation since his move across Europe,  although the Malaga playmaker won't be making any move to England, and a move to Stamford Bridge is pure fantasy at this stage.

With the abundance of talent Chelsea have in his position, with the likes of Oscar, Eden Hazard, and fellow Spanish compatriot Juan Mata, it would be a foolish move for the player, and could hinder his potential which is growing week by week in Spain by playing regularly.

For the time being anyway, he will be staying at Manuel Pelligrini's side where he can continue to play first team football, and look to finally gain his first senior International cap with Spain, after being part of the past two squads.

Who knows what the future holds for the trequartista, but it is clear if he continues his rapid progress, he will become a world class player in the near future, and looks likely to stay in Spain when he does leave the club, in favour of a move to long term admirers Real Madrid or Barcelona.