Sevilla begin court proceedings against Atletico Madrid over Vitolo move

Sevilla have confirmed that they will take Atletico Madrid to court over the signing of Vitolo.

The Spaniard was linked with a move to Diego Simeone’s Atleti following the end of the season but due to their transfer ban – a move was seemingly ruled out.

However, despite a reported new contract with the Andalusian side, Vitolo eventually made a €37.5m move to Atleti this summer, before being loaned out to Las Palmas until January due to the capital side’s transfer ban and inability to register new players.

The move caused much debate in Spain as Sevilla were reportedly close to putting pen-to-paper on an improved deal for the winger and they will now take legal action over his exit.

Sevilla further claim that the new contract was agreed by all parties with some media outlets in Spain claiming the Spanish international even signed the relevant paperwork to extend his time at the club, whilst the player himself will now expect to hear from authorities about a ‘breach of contract’, with Sevilla claiming he signed a new five-year contract.

Officials from the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan will now begin court proceedings, instructing their lawyers to gather all evidence.

“The board of directors have agreed to take legal action against those who have intervened in the departure of Vitolo from the club,” a statement on the club’s website last month.

“They are the player himself, his father, the representation agency Bahia and the clubs Atletico Madrid and Las Palmas.

“The club has already entrusted two law firms to the case to defend the interests of the club. Sevilla FC reached a renewal agreement with Vitolo on July 10, endorsed by written documentation, which the player decided to break unilaterally.”

Vitolo, who spent four years with Sevilla, is currently on loan with boyhood club Las Palmas, who beat Malaga 3-1 on Monday evening.

Source: La Liga News

Rémy deal has complications as Bojan is linked with Las Palmas

The supposed arrival of French forward Loïc Rémy to Las Palmas has encountered a problem with Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez extremely keen to take the striker to Tyneside.

After the departure of Kevin Prince Boateng, the yellows have been making moves for a new striker with Rémy the top target.

It is believed that the Canarian side are waiting on him to terminate his contract from Chelsea before swooping in however it will be a race against Benitez to speak to the Frenchman first to try an agree on a deal.

Las Palmas are short in the forward area with on loan Deportivo Maldonado striker Jonathan Calleri the only recognised frontman in their squads against Valencia and Atlético Madrid, making the desire for Rémy to join even stronger for boss Manolo Marquez.

There would also be a further gap available in the squad when Sergio Araujo completes his likely move to AEK Athens in Greece in the next couple of days.

Another name that has been circulated alongside Rémy is former Barcelona forward Bojan Krkic. According to Canary Islands Radio La Autonómica the current Stoke City forward could be one of the options to reinforce the yellows attack in the last days of the transfer window.

Source: La Liga News

Loïc Rémy on his way to Las Palmas?

Las Palmas are said to be interested in signing Chelsea striker Loïc Rémy, according to CanariasEnHora.

After the signings of Sergi Samper and Alberto Aquilani in the last 24 hours, the Yellows are said to be nearing a move for the 30 year old Frenchman with him to end his contract at the London club.

Chairman Miguel Angel Ramirez had said that after the signings of Samper and Aquilani that Las Palmas would not be making any more signings but that the door would be open if anything came up, saying, “We would leave a free sheet in that in football anything can come up, right to the last day.”

If the French striker does indeed join, he will become the club’s eighth signing of the summer, following Ximo, Chichizola, Calleri, Toledo, Vitolo, Samper and Aquilani.

Rémy would fit Las Palmas perfectly as well as providing more options and giving more variants in attack.

He has scored 7 goals in 31 caps for France and has played for Lyon, Nice, Marseille, QPR, Newcastle and Chelsea as well as short loans at Lens and Crystal Palace.

However Las Palmas would face competition for his signature with both Newcastle United and Swansea City having held talks with Chelsea as well as Everton, Southampton, Marseille, Lazio and Cagliari said to be interested.

Source: La Liga News

Sergi Samper set for Las Palmas loan move

Barcelona midfielder Sergi Samper is set to leave the club on loan and join Las Palmas, according to La Provincia.

Having played on loan at Granada last season, Samper was expected to be given a chance in the first team at the Camp Nou this season but the recent arrival of Brazilian Paulinho and pending move for Jean Michael Seri has seen that chance fade.

Samper, who would have to compete with both of the above – would also have to contend with Ivan Rakitic, Andres Iniesta, Rafinha, Andre Gomes, Sergi Roberto and Denis Suarez.

And, following lengthy talks between Barca and Las Palmas – it is understood a season-long loan has been agreed, with the youngster travelling to Gran Canaria at present to complete his move.

His move will see him replace Roque Mesa, who joined Premier League side Swansea City.

Having begun his career at Barcelona, Samper spent twelve years progressing through the Catalan club’s various youth teams, before playing for the B team and making his senior debut at the age of 19 against APOEL in the 2014/2015 Champions League.

12 appearances have followed for the first team, whilst gaining recognition with the Spanish international setup, featuring at all ages up to U21.

Barcelona summer arrivals so far have seen Marlon Santos, Gerard Deulofeu, Nelson Semedo and the before mentioned Paulinho.

Source: La Liga News

Viera verbally agrees new contract at Las Palmas

Jonathan Viera has today explained that he will not ask Las Palmas for more than they can pay him as he made it clear his intention to remain at the Primera club.

The midfielder was asked about his contract situation, saying, “I’m fine, if I play football I’m happy. It has not been an easy summer, I get things from all sides even though I insulate myself. I am very focused and very happy.”

He also mentioned his good relationship with the president of the club.

“I talked to the president, he told me what he thought and I told him what I thought. We have always gone head to head and we have almost always reached a good decision.”

“I want people to be calm and I want to thank them all for the messages of support I have received at this time.”

If nothing unusual happens, he will remain in Gran Canaria.

“We’re going to wait until the market closes. There are not going to be any problems, unless someone crazy comes along and both the club and I agree with that offer. If nothing happens, there is not going to be any problem for me to continue with UD.”

Away from Viera, Atleti loanee Vitolo will not play against Los Rojiblancos at the Estadio de Gran Canaria on Saturday night.

Despite the fact that there is no such clause in the loan deal, it has been decided that he will not play due to the fact that the club believe he should not have to go through that bad time and with them having spoken to him, he assumes the decision because he is a professional according to Miguel Angel Ramirez.

Source: La Liga News

Las Palmas look for Kevin Prince Boateng replacement

Las Palmas are on the market for a replacement for midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng after the Ghanaian returned to Germany to be with his family.

And according to some reports in Spain that man could be 20 year old Spanish midfielder Sergi Canós, currently playing in the English Championship with Brentford.

The youngster began his career at Barcelona before moving to Liverpool’s youth teams in 2013. He joined Brentford on loan in 2015 scoring 7 goals in 39 appearances before joining Norwich on a four year deal.

However he was getting very little game time at Carrow Road and has since rejoined Brentford, this time on a four and a half year deal.

Boateng left on Wednesday and is reported to be on the verge of returning to the Bundesliga to join Eintracht Frankfurt.

The midfielder explained that his decision was not based on him as a player, but as a husband and father. “I am making this decision for my family, which is the most important thing.

“I am not happy being away from my family. I told the president and he understood me.

“It is a very difficult and sad day for me, it is not easy to understand and it is my responsibility.”

Although he is set to continue his career in Germany, he has made clear that he would love a return to Gran Canaria.

“In the world of football, not everything is true, but I will return to Las Palmas because it is a family. Las Palmas has given me a lot, not only in football.”

Club president Miguel Angel Ramírez said he told Boateng to take his time and that the club would support him no matter his decision.

Source: La Liga News

Kevin Prince-Boateng ends Las Palmas contract

Kevin Prince-Boateng has ended his contract with Las Palmas, just days before the start of the new La Liga season.

The 30-year-old arrived at the Gran Canarian club last summer and signed a deal until 2020, but he has now mutually terminated his deal in what the club have called an ‘irreversible personal reasons’ decision.

The Ghanaian’s exit from the club follows a number of higher profiled players leave, including midfielder Roque Mesa, who joined Premier League side Swansea City earlier this summer, whilst Jese Rodriguez’s loan deal from Paris Saint Germain also ended.

The Spanish club confirmed the news via their official website with sources also confirming that the attacker wants to be closer to his family.

The club ‘wished Boateng the best in both sporting and personal terms’ and have thanked him for ‘his excellent performances last season which earned him the love of the fans.’

The 30-year-old will ‘bid his farewell’ at a press conference due to take place at 17.00 local time in their Gran Canaria Stadium alongside Club President Miguel Angel Ramirez.

Having joined Las Palmas last summer, Boateng had spent six months on the sidelines after falling out of favour with Italian side AC Milan.

Previous to that he had spent time with Schalke, Portsmouth, Dortmund, Spurs and Hertha Berlin.

Source: La Liga News

Sevilla confirm legal action against Vitolo

Sevilla have confirmed that they have begun legal action against Vitolo after he joined Atletico Madrid on a permanent deal.

The Spanish international was linked with a move to Diego Simeone’s Atleti following the end of the season but due to their transfer ban – a move was seemingly ruled out.

However, earlier this month – the Spanish capital side announced a €37.5m for the midfielder, who would join Gran Canaria Las Palmas on a six month loan period until January when Atleti can register new players.

What escaped most was the fact Vitolo has already penned a new deal to remain with Sevilla – and two weeks following the move – the Andalusian side have now taken matters into their own hands.

The 27-year-old, who has begun training with Las Palmas for the new season – will now expect to hear from authorities about a ‘breach of contract’, with Sevilla claiming he signed a new five-year contract.

“The board of directors have agreed to take legal action against those who have intervened in the departure of Vitolo from the club,” a statement on the club’s website.

“They are the player himself, his father, the representation agency Bahia and the clubs Atletico Madrid and Las Palmas.

“The club has already entrusted two law firms to the case to defend the interests of the club. Sevilla FC reached a renewal agreement with Vitolo on July 10, endorsed by written documentation, which the player decided to break unilaterally.”

Vitolo spent four years at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan after arriving in 2013 and has gone on to make several appearances for the Spanish national side.

Source: La Liga News

Viera tempted to reject €30m Everton move

Las Palmas are tempting Everton target Jonathan Viera with a new contract, according to reports in Spanish press.

Premier League side Everton have been on a massive recruitment drive this summer and have profited from the sale of Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United by signing the likes of Sandro Ramirez, Davy Klaassen, Jordan Pickford and Cuco Martina.

And, it is now understood that they want to bring in Viera and add to their attacking options which already boasts the previously mentioned Ramirez and Wayne Rooney who returned to the club from Man United last month.

The former Valencia man rejoined his hometown club Las Palmas in 2014 and played an important part in their steady return to La Liga last season.

Newcastle United, Swansea City and a number of La Liga sides have shown interest but none have seemingly been willing to pay his minimum release clause, which was set to €30m by the Gran Canaria club.

Whilst interest continues, a new contract is now being discussed to remain at the La Liga club – with officials talking to club president Miguel Angel Ramirez about the midfielder becoming the highest earner.

Marca also claim that Viera is happy at the club and has not been swayed by the lure of the Premier League yet.

Source: La Liga News

Former West Ham United striker joins Las Palmas on loan deal

Former West Ham United striker Jonathan Calleri is set to join Las Palmas on a loan deal.

Despite a relatively impressive season back in La Liga last term for Las Palmas, the club have failed to keep hold of their star players with most notably Roque Mesa leaving for Swansea City earlier this week.

However, the club has started to bring in new players – with Calleri having caught their eye.

The Argentine striker made 19 appearances last season for West Ham but scored just one goal, despite bringing with him a good run of form in Argentine football.

Las Palmas have now completed a loan deal for the 23-year-old, a move they tried to make in January but failed.

The Spanish side confirmed the loan deal earlier on Friday and the striker is now set to fly into the club.

 

Source: La Liga News