Hull complete Elmohamady signing

Premier League newcomers Hull City have completed the permanent deal of one of the players that helped them in their push from promotion last season.

 

Winger Ahmed Elmohamady spent last season on loan at the club from Sunderland but has now signed a three-year deal after an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two clubs.

 

The Egypt international was happy to continue working under manager Steve Bruce, the manager that brought him to Sunderland, as well continuing the hard work the team put in last season to earn promotion.

"I really enjoy playing for him and I look forward to doing so again," the winger said about Bruce.

"It feels great to be here permanently, especially after what happened here last year," he added.

"Moving here was an easy decision to make. The fans are fantastic and it will be enjoyable to play in front of them in the Premier League."

 

The 25-year-old played 61 times in total for Sunderland since his move in 2010 but is now looking forward to retaining the clubs status in England's top tier. The club will be looking to add more players this summer but will be wary of destroying the core that earned automatic promotion from the Championship last season.

 

 

Schalke land striker Szalai

Schalke 04 today confirmed the signing of striker Ádám Szalai from FSV Mainz 05.

Both Bild and SkySport had reported earlier in the week of the impending transfer, so it comes as no surprise to see Szalai become a Schalke player.

The Hungarian's €8m release clause was triggered by die Königsblauen, before he signed a four-year contract subject to completion of a medical. The 25-year old will wear the number 28 shirt next season.

"Ádám Szalai is an outstanding striker who had a good goalscoring record in Mainz," said Schalke general manager Horst Heldt of his new signing. “Last season showed that our squad needs adding to. Professional competition is important for us in trying to achieve our objectives. Ádám is at a very good age and has a strong character, he is a hungry player and wants to achieve great things at Schalke.”

Szalai's career began in Stuttgart, where just one season with VfB's reserve side was enough to tempt Real Madrid to snap up the 19-year old for €500k. Two and a half seasons later, following 23 goals in 71 games for Real's B team, Szalai returned to Germany on loan with Mainz - and made the move permanent in 2010.

A cruciate ligament injury curtailed his first full season at Mainz, keeping him out of action for twelve months, before the Hungarian signed a contract extension in the summer of 2012.

Szalai's Mainz career took off last season, as the 25 year-old followed up a hat-trick against Hoffenheim with his most productive campaign to date - netting 13 times and laying on three goals for his teammates in 29 appearances.

The powerful Hungarian leaves Mainz having scored 24 goals in 85 games for die Nullfünfer, and has run out 16 times for his national side since making his debut in 2009 - scoring seven times in the process.

Szalai becomes Schalke's third summer signing, with defender Felipe Santana joining from Ruhr rivals Borussia Dortmund and FC Köln winger Christian Clemens joining the Gelsenkirchen outfit.

SZALAI FACTFILE

Position: Striker

Stronger foot: Right

Age: 25

Best attributes: Strength, heading, shot power, target man and hold-up play

Plays a bit like: Mario Mandzukic, Fred

New strikers for Gladbach, Hamburg and Mainz

Borussia Mönchengladbach, Hamburg and Mainz all added new forwards to their squads this week.

Bundesliga experience for Gladbach

It might have been overshadowed by Pep Guardiola's first press conference as Bayern manager, not to mention his already impressive grasp of German, but Monday afternoon also saw the announcement that Brazilian forward Raffael is to call Mönchengladbach his new home. Joining from Dynamo Kiev on the back of a loan spell at Schalke 04, he signed a four-year deal after completing a medical at Borussia-Park. Most famous to Bundesliga fans for over 100 appearances in his four year stint with Hertha Berlin, the Brazilian ran out 16 times for Schalke last season - with two goals and five assists to his name during that spell. The 28 year-old becomes Lucien Favre's second signing of the summer, following sought-after Max Kruse's switch from Freiburg to the Foals.

First one in for Hamburg

Meanwhile up north, Hamburg were putting the finishing touches on the paperwork that sees FC Basel forward Jacques Zoua become their first signing under new sporting director Oliver Kreuzer. The Cameroonian striker put pen to paper on a three-year contract with die Rothosen after completing a medical on Monday. Having joined the Swiss giants in 2009, Zoua went on to make 86 appearances for Basel in the next four years, and the 21 year-old gained invaluable experience on the European stage last season as Basel reached the last four of the Europa League. Hamburg are also rumoured to be interested in a number of attacking targets after losing Heung-Min Son to Bayer Leverkusen earlier this month.

Mainz prepare for Szalai loss

With Hungarian striker Ádám Szalai all but on his way to Schalke, Mainz have wasted no time in finding a replacement with Japan forward Shinji Okazaki making the move from VfB Stuttgart. The 27 year-old returned from the Confederations Cup in Brazil after his country's group stage exit, in which he managed two goals, to sign a contract which will keep him at the Coface Arena for the next three seasons. After leaving his native Japan for Stuttgart in 2011, Okazaki scored ten times in 63 games, while his international record is far more impressive - 35 goals in 66 appearances. Mainz's new man found goals hard to come by in 2012-13, scoring just four times in all competitions and only once in the Bundesliga.

Juventus agree Tevez deal

Juventus have agreed a deal to take Argentina international striker Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.

 

The deal is believed to be worth £10 million up front, rising depending on appearances. Tevez will now travel to Italy to complete his medical and agree personal terms.

 

The 29-year-old scored an impressive 74 goals in 148 appearances following his £47 million move from rivals Manchester United in 2009 but has since felt unsettled at the club and has been seeking a move.

 

Tevez has been no stranger to controversy during his career, with reports of ‘tantrums’ and refusing to play from Corinthians, West Ham and Manchester City. During his exile from the City squad, probably the most noteable transgression, he said manager Roberto Mancini ‘treated him like a dog’ in an interview with Argentinian media.

 

Juventus, however, will be more interested in his undeniable ability as they aim to retain the Serie A title next season as well as improve on their Quarter-Final exit from last year’s Champions League.

 

 

Chelsea sign Schurrle

Chelsea have completed the signing of Germany international Andre Schurrle from Bayer Leverkusen.

 

The deal is said to be worth £18 million and was agreed on 13 June but has taken almost two weeks to iron out personal terms. The striker has signed a five-year-deal and will wear the number 14 shirt, according to the statement on the clubs website.

 

The 22-year-old, who can also play on either wing, played 65 times for Leverkusen and scored 18 times. He has also scored seven times in 24 international appearances for Germany.

 

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is said to have a considerable transfer kitty for the first season of his second spell in charge with the aim of rebuilding the team to his liking and guiding Chelsea back to the top of the Premier League.

 

Schurrle is excited about the prospect of playing in England after watching last season’s games and claims to have watched every Chelsea game whilst back in Germany. He also targets lots of silverware with the Europa League winners.

 

"Hopefully I can win a lot of titles in the next five years," he told the club's official website.

"We have a great team with some very talented young players. We can all improve ourselves, and under Jose Mourinho I'm confident we can have a really great season. He's a very good person with a big personality; he's a great manager so it's an absolute honour for me to now be one of his players."

"For this club, winning titles is always the main objective. We have a great young team with so much quality. We are capable of doing well in the Premier League, Champions League and the cup competitions as well, and I hope to play a big part.”

"He's a very good person with a big personality; he's a great manager so it's an absolute honour for me to now be one of his players."

 

 

 

Arouna: Sorry Wigan I'm Kone

Wigan Athletic striker Arouna Kone has admitted he wants to leave the club in search of Premier League Football next season.

 

The front man bagged 13 goals in a season that saw Wigan win the FA Cup and get relegated following his £3.5 million move from Spanish club Levante. The Latics can, however, take solace in the fact that they should double or even treble their money should they decide to sell the Ivory Coast international.

 

Newly promoted Crystal Palace are said to hold an interest in Kone, along with Everton and Liverpool and the 29-year-old would welcome a move to any of these teams.

 

A move to Everton would see him reunite with Roberto Martinez after the Spaniard took over at Goodison Park a few weeks ago, so for me this seems like a likely move, but with talks of Luis Suarez leaving Liverpool and Palace looking to bring in Premier League experience none look completely ridiculous.

 

Kone hinted that he won't force a move but hoped Wigan would accept any reasonable offers that would help him fulfill his desire to continue playing in the English top flight.

 

"Wigan have gone down, which is a real shame. It’s up to them to set out their stance about my situation. I aim to play for one of the best clubs in England, and I hope I will get the chance," he said.

"I've had plenty of approaches, but I can't reveal the names of the clubs, but Crystal Palace have gone up, and from the moment a club is in the Premier League that is good for me," Kone added.

"I’m under contract with Wigan for two more years. But if there is an offer that is good for both me and Wigan I will seek to leave."

Paulinho: Spurs have made an offer

Tottenham Hotspur have made an official bid for Brazilian international midfielder Paulinho, believed to be in the region of £17 million, according to the player.

 

Speculation linking the exciting 24-year-old with a move to Spurs has been circulating in the media for a few weeks now but it appears negotiations are reaching an advanced stage, with some reports claiming a deal has already been agreed.

 

The midfielder, full name José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior, admits he will not make any decisions until he has spoken to his family about the best place for them all to move and won’t even start to think about it until the Confederations Cup finishes.

 

Corinthians director of football, former Arsenal player Edu said, "We have to agree on some details of the negotiation, so I can't say he will leave yet, but the negotiations are good."

 

Paulinho has played 86 times for Corinthians scoring an impressive 20 goals and has made 15 appearances for his country, scoring 4 goals. This goal return would come in handy for a Spurs side that struggled for goals so often last season, Gareth Bale aside.

 

He previously stated his desire to move to Europe and had been linked with Italian giants Inter Milan, but no offer has been received making London the most likely destination now.

 

We will bring you more on this as it happens.

 

 

 

Liverpool agree Mignolet deal

Liverpool have agreed a fee, believed to be over £11 million, with Sunderland for goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.

 

The Belgium international has been subject to speculation linking him away from the club for a few months now and it despite a reluctance to sell it appears the offer was too good to refuse.

 

The 25-year-old has played 101 times in total for Sunderland, including every league game last season, and has impressed many since his £2 million move from Sint-Truiden three years ago. He had been linked with Premier League champions Manchester United but a bid never materialised as they decided to show faith in ever-improving David De Gea.

 

The move will further increase the growing speculation that Liverpool’s current number one Pepe Reina will be leaving the club in the near future. The Spaniard was linked with a move to Barcelona but a bid hasn’t been received.

 

Mignolet is part of the Belgian revolution which has seen the tiny European nation produce some of Europe’s finest talent, including Vincent Kompany and Eden Hazard of Manchester City and Chelsea respectively. He has already made 13 appearances for his country.

 

The goalkeeper is expected to discuss personal terms and take his medical for the Anfield giants next week, assuming all goes well of course.

 

 

Liverpool complete Luis Alberto signing

Liverpool have announced the signing of Sevilla forward Luis Alberto on a long-term deal.

The Spaniard, recently on loan at Barcelona B, arrived on Merseyside at the back end of the week to undergo a medical and put pen to paper.

Having been given the green light to move in for the 20 year-old after Barcelona decided not to exercise their buying option, Liverpool had a £6.8m bid accepted by his parent club.

Alberto was at the club's training complex, Melwood, to sign a 'long-term contract' and his new manager Brendan Rodgers said "He has the correct footballing profile and mentality to be a Liverpool player."

The forward, comfortable on either wing but preferring to play as a second striker or attacking midfielder, appeared 38 times for Barcelona's second team last year in Spain's second tier - bagging 11 goals and 17 assists along the way, having previously played seven games for Sevilla's first team and scoring 25 in 77 for Sevilla B.

Yet the Catalan giants decided not to follow up their option to buy the Spaniard, and after initially looking like staying at Sevilla, the Reds have finally got their man.

Liverpool have clearly learnt from the transfer failings last season after missing out on big targets like Clint Dempsey, by getting their business done early this time round.

Deals in principle have already been agreed for Manchester City defender Kolo Toure and Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas, while the club are nearing a deal for Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet after agreeing a fee believed to be £9m for the Belgian.

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan is reportedly a top target for Rodgers, although the Reds boss faces stiff competition with a number of clubs including Real Madrid and Chelsea supposedly interested in the Armenian.

 

LUIS ALBERTO FACTFILE

Position: Second striker/attacking midfield, left wing

Age: 20

Stronger foot: Right

Best attributes: Free kick accuracy, vision, positioning, finishing

Plays a bit like: Cesc Fabregas, David Villa

Sunderland Sign David Moburg Karlsson

Sunderland have confirmed the signing of David Moberg Karlsson from IFK Gothenburg on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

 

The Sweden under-21 international operates mainly on the wings but has been known to cover in the as a centre forward. He becomes Sunderland’s fourth signing of the summer as manager Paolo Di Canio aims to keep the club away from the relegation dog fight next season.

 

The talented 17-year-old played ten times for his Gothenburg last season including a substitute appearance in their Swedish Cup final victory over Djurgardens last month. He played alongside former Black Cats forward Tobias Hysen at the club.

 

Moberg Karlsson is said to be excited about the chance to play for Di Canio and looks forward to forcing his way in to the team and becoming a Premier League star.

 

Sunderland kick off their Premier League campaign on 17th August with a home tie against Fulham.